Baked Pumpkin Cheesecake—Prototype 6:
Not much has changed for this latest prototype. There is an All-Bran-related change, and the salt is omitted. This October 2013 update reflects what I have done with other cheesecake flavors earlier in that year.
2-to-1 Blend of Yogurt Cheese and Cottage Cheese:
Prepare ahead of time 2 pounds of yogurt cheese, derived from two 32-ounce containers of nonfat yogurt. If the resulting yogurt cheese falls below 32 ounces, add back enough of the whey (that was strained out from the yogurt) to make up the difference. To this yogurt cheese combine 16 ounces (1 pint) of whipped, lowfat cottage cheese.

2 oz. melted, white chocolate
4 oz. pumpkin butter (such as from Trader Joe's)
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
8 oz. (1 cup) 2-to-1 blend of yogurt cheese and cottage cheese (see above)
2 oz. All-Bran, ground up

Pour this crust mixture into pan (9 to 9 1/2 inches) and pre-bake without tub at 300 degrees for 10 minutes, then cool enough to comfortably touch at least the pan's upper sidewall.

4 tablespoons melted or softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
14 oz. pumpkin butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons arrowroot
5 cups (40 oz.) 2-to-1 blend of yogurt cheese and cottage cheese (see above)
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs

Pour on top of crust. Bake in tub at 300 degrees for 105 minutes (if using a 9 1/2" pan). Then cool down while still in oven (with this oven shut off) and in tub with door slightly ajar for an hour. Afterwards, remove from oven and tub and continue to cool down at room temperature for another 105 minutes, then remove from pan and refrigerate.

Pumpkin Cheesecake—Prototype 6

This cheesecake was one smashing pumpkin, although there was not a big snack selection (hence not much food competition) at Living Hope. But the crowds were small (hence less people to feed), due to many women being away on a church-related retreat. Because of that getaway, I myself had to cut the cheesecake and bring it into the fellowship hall, a time-consuming process (if I wanted to do the slicing right) which I did not carry out until after services. But despite the late arrival at the serving table (thus giving other treats an earlier start) and the small crowds, this one was gone in what seemed to be less than half an hour. Happy October!

Back to my bushy homepage